Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Potty Training...Again

This past weekend I once again decided to try potty training with Zak. I know everyone says it just clicks once they are ready, but Zak is a pretty strong willed kid so I don't completely believe he will just one day come to me and say he is ready.

In my last post I talked about how he did over the weekend. Yesterday while Ryder was at school Zak and I went on some errands (post office and Kohls). I decided to let him go out with underwear on and he had no accidents while we were out! I had been asking him if he needed to go, but in the afternoon I decided to stop and see how he did. During "nap time" I heard him go to the bathroom so I went up to see what he was doing. Apparently, he had pooped in his underwear and was in the process of trying to get it from his underwear into the toilet...this is what I do when he goes in his underwear so he was trying to do it himself. He did pee a few times, but in the evening he ended up peeing in his underwear. We asked him why h didn't go to the potty and all he could tell us was "I was playing and had to pee so I did". Today he has been in underwear (including during our trip to WalMart, Toys R Us, and Target with no accidents. When he got home he let the dogs out of their crates and outside. He told me they needed to pee and then he sat down and peed on his potty.

The poop thing is really annoying. I wish I could just get him to poop on the potty once because I think once he does it once he will realize it is no big deal and he can do it. He always tells me "its too big" or "Its too hard" when we ask why he doesn't poop on the potty. The boys still have loose poop a lot of the time so cleaning up poop accidents is not much fun! I am also trying to figure out how to get him to tell me when he needs to pee (or poop) instead of me having to always ask. Anyways, he is very excited about wearing underwear and now wakes up saying "I big boy and need big boy underwear"...

0 comments: