Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

This post is a few days late because I have been in bed for the past 3 days battling a stomach bug. That was no fun at all! Actually, everyone in our house has been sick with something. It all started on Saturday December 18 when I took Ryder to the pediatrician because he had been coughing for about a week. He ended up on Omnicef for 10 days to treat pneumonia. We had his follow-up on Monday December 27 which went well with his lungs being much better. He still had a cough so they told me if he got worse to bring him in to get looked at again. Well, on Thursday December 30 I ended up taking both boys to get checked out by the pediatrician. Zak had started coughing and Ryder was coughing along with very snotty and just looking sick. We left that appointment with Zak having a virus and Ryder starting a course of Zithromax for a sinus infection. Today was the last day for Ryder's antibiotic, but it stays in his system for 10 days. If in 5 days he is still sick (which is is today still) then we are supposed to refill the Zithromax and do another course of it for him.

Meanwhile, Ben has been battling a really bad cold which I think could probably actually be a sinus infection. I started having a cold right around Christmas. I woke up around 4am on Friday with a stomach bug which stuck around all weekend. I was able to keep down some small stuff last night and feel better this morning. Ben went back to work today so I am forced to function today. I am hoping after I eat some more over the next few days my headache will go away and I will be feeling much better. I am still dealing with this cold as well. Zak seems to be pretty much the same at this point with his cough and runny nose. Hopefully we will all be better soon!

Today my plan is to get the house back into order. It pretty much feel apart over the weekend!

Now on to the good stuff, I have a bunch of pictures I wanted to post from the last few days. Laura and Haleigh came over for dinner on Thursday so I took a bunch of pictures then.

Zak is practicing to have twins of his own!
Playing with their monster trucks
Zak building with Trio blocks
Ryder with Handy Manny tools
The boys inside of their tent
Haleigh playing with the boys' toys
Ryder trying out Zak's skates
Ryder playing with a new toy
Haleigh was pushing Zak around on the skates
Haleigh
Zak dressed up as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle
Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
Ryder goes back to school tomorrow and I need to get Zak signed up for a new session at the YMCA. Ben starts back with his Monday night volleyball starting tonight. So things are picking back up and we are slowly getting back into our normal routine.

An update on Zak and potty training. It has been going really good the past few weeks! He has been wearing underwear all day and a diaper at night. He is getting really good about just going to the potty to pee during the day when ever he needs to go and he will tell us while we are out and about when he needs to pee. The big news is that he actually pooped in the potty 2 days in a row this past week!! It is still a work in progress, but he is making progress so that is what matters. It is amazing how having one of them in underwear during the day has cut down on our number of diapers!

0 comments: