Monday, January 11, 2010

Good Day

This morning the boys and I needed to stay on schedule in order to get out the door in time to get Zak to daycare so that Ryder and I could make it to the WIC appointment on time. They were slow moving at first, but once we got downstairs they remembered about VZ being here. They both ran to the gate at the kitchen (to keep the dogs away from VZ for now) and started yelling for the kitty. I took them each into the kitchen to have a turn to see VZ. She is so good with the boys!


Of course, once they each had a turn they requested to see VZ again and again. This got us a little behind schedule, but I was still able to get us out of the house and into the car on time. Once I dropped Zak off at daycare (which involved no tears this time) Ryder and I headed to the WIC appointment to pick up new checks. While there I asked if they could weigh and measure Ryder again to see if he would qualify for the whole milk (he has not been gaining weight still). Unfortunately, they said they couldn't with the type of appointment we had and they had a full waiting room. She told me I could take him to the pediatrician for a weight check and if he had lost weight or not gained any they could fill out the special request form for whole milk. Then I could call the WIC office and they would make a special appointment to put all of his new measurements in their system and see if he would qualify. I plan to try and get him weighed soon, but I really doubt he will qualify since the special request form from the pediatrician did not help at all last time!

Ryder and I left the WIC office and headed to the post office because I needed to buy stamps. I was then able to mail out all of our bills which have been sitting around waiting for the tax money to show up. We then went to Chick-Fil-A for a late breakfast/early lunch and then stopped at WalMart. There we bought some more cups for the boys and a new leash for Robin since I caught her chewing on hers this morning :-( After that it was time to go to Ryder's group therapy session.

This week the class had 2 other kids show up which was great. We got to the classroom and Ryder played at the train table with the other 2 kids. Then it was circle time where he sat quietly in his chair and refused to say a word or participate with the other kids. We then moved to the art project where we sat quietly and painted until he got the paint on his hand which set him off into a meltdown! The teachers said over the next few weeks we could do some other activities involving getting his hands dirty to try and help him get past that issue. Then the 3 kids got to play in the noodle table which they all loved (sand table filled with pasta noodles that they could scoop, dump, pour into cups and so on). After that it was music time and then time to go home. While we were putting on jackets both teachers came up to me and said how they were shocked the difference they saw in Ryder today compared to last week when he was alone. This week he was very quiet and didn't seem to participate as much, but last week he talked non-stop and was eager to go from activity to activity. I then told the teachers this was the concern we had with Ryder, how just 2 other kids could cause him to change so much. They agreed this group session was a great thing for him! Ryder and I then and picked Zak up from daycare.

When we got home I tried to put the boys down for a nap, but they wanted nothing to do with it! So we played int he playroom for a while and then I finished doing laundry while they played some more. Then I got a call from Ben saying he would be home late so the boys and I had dinner before he got home. During dinner I made VZ get off the table so she agreed to sit on the chair with her cat bed...


After we were done eating I brought out the laser light to play with VZ and the boys (yes, they LOVE to chase it around also). VZ is definitely getting more comfortable around the boys and I as long as the dogs are no where in sight!

The boys also enjoyed running around the kitchen and playing with VZ's other toys that Stella sent with her. They really liked the plastic eggs...

Ryder made his own game involving one of VZ's balls and Robin's tire and then he had a tantrum because Zak wanted to play with him...
While the boys ran around playing with the toys VZ decided to sit back and watch...

Once Ben got home and ate his dinner he took the boys and they all got a shower. The boys love having shower and bath time with Ben! He is much more fun that I am apparently.

0 comments: