Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Last night it started to snow around 5pm, but very small flakes and not too bad. There was probably about an inch or so on the ground by midnight. Overnight it turned to rain which melted away the inch or so we had gotten in the evening. This did create some ice this morning though. Around 8am it started to snow once again which created a small layer of snow on everything.

I went outside to clean off the car and turn on the defrost to get rid of the ice around 8:30am and then the boys and I got into the car at 8:45am. We had to go to the pediatrician this morning for Ryder's pre-op appointment to get a clean bill of health for his sedated MRI which is Monday morning. The pediatrician said he was all good to have the sedation and then we talked a little bit about all of the testing and what not Ryder has been getting. Our pediatrician is also a developmental pediatrician so he has a lot of knowledge about delays. His feelings about everything was that with the test results we have so far he would say that Ryder does have PDD-NOS which is on the Autism Spectrum. Of course, if the MRI shows anything then that might change, but for now that is what he is thinking. He is also interested in seeing what the geneticist figures out from all of the tests, but he did tell me not to be surprised if we don't get a name or syndrome. I then told him we are well-aware that we may never have a name for what is going on and we are just doing the testing in order to see if there is anything else we can do to help Ryder such as therapy and what not. He also agreed that Ryder will really benefit from the aqua therapy because he commented on how low his muscle tone has become since the last time he saw Ryder.

As for measurements...Ryder's head is still measuring small. He was exactly 25 pounds with just a diaper on and is now 36 inches tall.

Tomorrow I will take Zak to daycare and the take Ryder to his aqua therapy evaluation. I am really looking forward to see what the PT has to say about his muscle tone and how the aqua therapy will benefit him. On Thursday the boys and I are going to Annapolis to hang out with Joey & Jay since Colleen has school and the kids do not. Although, the rate we are going Colleen may not be back in school yet either. Schools were closed once again today, but they are all saying they plan to open tomorrow!