Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week Update with Lots of Pictures

On Tuesday schools were closed because of elections so both boys were home with me for the day. Once Ben got home from work we all went to the voting location and voted. The boys were good and had fun. They each got a sticker which they loved. These pictures are what the boys did when we got home...for some reason they love to close themselves in the dog crates.

Wednesday morning Ryder went to school. Then Zak and I went to run some errands before his YMCA class. This week Zak did ok in his class. He decided to sit with the other kids while they stretched, but when it came time to do drills he ran over to me and started crying. He sat with me until it was time to actually do soccer stuff. Once the soccer balls came out he was back to being fine.

On Thursday the boys decided to do their own art project without any help. I had put them in their bedroom and been up there several times trying to get them to lay down for a bit. I went up there again, opened the door and discovered a giant mess. The boys had taken their diapers off and proceeded to paint the room (walls, floor, bed, bodies, ceiling, dresser, etc) with poop! It was a huge mess and took a while to clean up. I was not a happy camper. Rich & Laura stopped by while we were in the process of cleaning up to give everyone gifts from their trip. Then we had an AC guy come by to give us the estimate for a whole new system and water heater. We have been getting a few different estimates because our system is not working. After we had dinner I went to the monthly HOA meeting while Ben stayed home with the boys. While at the meeting I got permission to cut down the tree in our front yard. We have wanted to get rid of it since we moved in because it is almost dead, blocks the whole front of our house and seems to attract every kid in our court into our front yard. Then I talked to somebody from our community who is going to be able to take it down for us at no cost! I know many kids in the court are going to be mad, but I got the permission and they shouldn't be climbing the tree in our yard anyways.

Friday morning the boys and I had to be at Hopkins between 9-9:15am for Ryder's sweat test. We got checked in at 9:03am and around 9:30am (the scheduled time for his test) the nurse came over to us and said they were running late. She handed me two food vouchers and said to get some food and come back in 30-45 minutes. I was not happy because the boys had been behaving so far and I wasn't sure how long it would last. So we went to the cafeteria and got some fruit and juice. We came back around 10am and they were ready for us. We went into a tiny room where they had a space heater turned on to high. They cleaned Ryder's arm then put on electrodes for 5 minutes to stimulate his sweat glands. They put the test paper on his arm and then proceeded to wrap it (including a heating pad) until it looked like a cast. Then we put a sweatshirt on him along with four heated blankets. I tried to tell the nurse that my kids sweat pretty easily, but they went ahead with their normal routine. We sat in the HOT room for 30 minutes watching a movie. Ryder was obviously getting way too hot so I was happy when the 30 minutes was over. The nurse came back in and unwrapped Ryder. She commented repeatedly how they have never had a kid sweat as much as he did (he was dripping with sweat). So they definitely got enough sweat for the test. I will call tomorrow morning for the results.

Yesterday morning we headed out around 8:45am to meet Tracy, Dave & Kyle at the DC Zoo. The boys had a blast as did everyone. I took 155 pictures so here are just a few of them....

Waiting for the metro
Tracy & Dave took Kyle and the
stroller up the huge escalator
I didn't notice the bee until editing the picture!
Zak is upset because the statue was hot
This morning the boys have been in a very defiant mood. It took about 2 hours to get them to clean the playroom which ended in them losing some toys because they refused to pick them up. Ben just left the house for the day because he is going to the Redskins game. He is very excited because he has never been to any kind of football game and he is a big Redskins fan. His sister has season tickets and ended up with some extra seats this weekend and invited him to come.