Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pictures and Updates

Yesterday morning the boys and I were up dressed and out of the house by 8am. I dropped Zak off to spend time with Poppy while I took Ryder to his appointment at Kennedy Krieger. Zak practically pushed me out the door! I was not looking forward to my drive to Kennedy Krieger since it required me to drive through downtown Baltimore, but it was not too bad getting there. We got checked in and taken into the back very quickly after getting there. The developmental specialist that we see did some testing and asked lots of questions about Ryder since our last appointment which was 6 months ago. We went over his ADOS testing results which do show him not to be on the autistic spectrum at the moment, but she agrees we should re-test at age 5 if he continues to show autistic tendencies. We are still waiting to get his Neuropsychology testing done at Kennedy Krieger, but generally they have a 6-9 month wait. We should hear from them soon since it has been about 5 months since his referral was put in. The doctor also wants Ryder to have a consult with the Behavioral therapist to work on controlling his increasingly aggressive tantrums, but I think we will wait for a while. I think it might just be a phase and his age and not a behavioral thing so we will wait and see how things go in the next few months.

After we finished with the appointment we met Zak, Poppy and Nanny at Arundel Mills. While there we took the boys to see the fish at Bass Pro Shops which they enjoyed. The boys and I then headed home. In the late afternoon we took a trip to the library so the boys could turn in their finished summer reading paper and get their award. They got to pick out a new book, got a certificate and got to put their name on a duck/frog to put on the pond mural on the library wall. They seemed more excited about putting their duck and frog on the wall than anything else!

After we had dinner the boys got in the bath tub for a long bubble bath. They love taking baths and get even more excited when it is a bubble bath!

This morning I woke up at 4am to the noise of Robin whining in her cage. I came downstairs and let her outside, but all she wanted was to drink the rain water and play so I put her back in the cage and laid back down. I really never fell back to sleep and then Ryder woke up at 6:45am. Zak didn't wake up until around 8am. After breakfast the boys helped me pick up and put away the toys in their playroom because Ryder's special educator was coming at 10:30am. After his therapy session the boys got to talk to Grammy and Piper on the phone. Ryder just likes to hold the phone and listen, but Zak has started to really enjoy actually having a conversation with people on the phone. While Ben is away (like now) Zak will sit and talk on the phone to him for hours if we let him!

Tomorrow we need to make a trip to the grocery store for some basic food items. Sometime in the afternoon I will take the boys over to Nanny & Poppy's house for a sleepover. I plan to go to the HOA meeting tomorrow night and then I am leaving for a cat show in NJ on Friday. Ben will be home sometime Friday evening and then will pick up the boys (might wait until Saturday morning depending on when he gets home). Ben is probably going to the Oriole's game with his mom on Saturday while the boys hang out with Poppy. I will be home sometime late on Sunday.