Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Mom's Night Before Christmas

A fellow twin momma posted this poem in our online forum. I thought it was really cute. Enjoy!

A Mom's Night Before Christmas

‘Twas the night before Christmas,
when all thru the abode
Only one creature was stirring,
& she was cleaning the commode.

The children were finally sleeping,
all snug in their beds,
while visions of IPODS & Barbie
flipped through their heads.

The dad was snoring
in front of the TV,
with a half-constructed bicycle
propped up on his knee.

So only the mom
heard the reindeer hooves clatter,
which caused her to sigh,
"Now what is the matter?"

With toilet bowl brush
Still clutched in her hand,
She descended the stairs,
& saw the old man.

He was covered with ashes & soot,
which fell with a shrug.
"Oh great," muttered the mom,
"Now I have to clean the rug."

"Ho Ho Ho!" cried Santa,
"I'm glad you're awake."
"Your gift was especially
difficult to make."

"Thanks, Santa, but all I want
is time alone."
"Exactly!" he chuckled,
So, I've made you a clone."

"A clone?" she muttered.
"What good is that?"
"Run along, Santa,
I've no time for chit chat."

Then out walked the clone
The mother's twin,
Same hair, same eyes,
same double chin.

"She'll cook, she'll dust,
she'll mop every mess.
You'll relax, take it easy,
have some time to rest."

"Fantastic!" the mom cheered.
"My dream has come true!"
"I'll shop, I'll read,
I'll sleep a night through!"

From the room above,
the youngest did fret.
"Mommy?! Come quickly,
I'm scared & I'm wet."

The clone replied,
"I'm coming, sweetheart."
"Hey," the mom smiled,
"She sure knows her part."

The clone changed the small one
& hummed her tune,
as she bundled the child
in a blanket cocoon.

"You're the best mommy ever.
I really love you."
The clone smiled & sighed,
"And I love you, too."

The mom frowned & said,
"Sorry, Santa, no deal."
That's my child's LOVE
she is trying to steal."

Smiling wisely Santa said,
"To me it is clear,
Only one loving mother
is needed here."

The mom kissed her child &
tucked her in bed.
"Thank You, Santa,
for clearing my head.

I sometimes forget,
it won't be very long,
when they'll be too old
for my cradle & song."

The clock on the mantle
Began to chime.
Santa whispered to the clone,
"It works every time."

With the clone by his side
Santa said "Goodnight.
Merry Christmas, dear Mom,
You will be all right."

0 comments: