Thursday, March 26, 2009

Settlement Change

I am not going to get into details, but somebody at the bank and lender office messed up so settlement can't take place tomorrow. We are waiting to hear from the title company to find out what time we can go to settlement on Monday. Hopefully there will be a time late enough for Ben to go to since he can't take the day off. Tonight we are still going to do the final walk through and sign an addendum to extend the contract since it legally ends tomorrow. Our loan is locked until next week sometime (I don't know the exact date) so as long as we can close on Monday it should be fine. I will update as soon as I know more details.

This change means we will be moving into an unpainted house. So we will have to figure out a way to paint room by room without the boys breathing it because of their asthma an weak lungs. The electrician shouldn't be effected as long as we close on Monday because he is not coming to work on the house until Wednesday.

Everything was going very smoothly and then this major mistake occurs, very frustrating!