Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hair Cuts

I have been wanting to cut the boys' hair for a few weeks, but have not because I wanted to leave it longer on the top and I have not become good at doing that on my own. Tonight I called around to find out how much it would cost to take them some place for a "real" haircut. After lots of talking (& whining on my part) I convinced Ben to let us go and get them haircuts. We went to Hair Cuttery and all 3 boys got their hair cut! Here are pictures of Zak & Ryder after their haircut (can't really see much, but will try to get better ones tomorrow!)....


On Monday the boys and I spent the day in Annapolis with Josephine and Jamison because Chris & Colleen had to work. Also, I had an ulterior motive for doing this...I wanted to pick up my Best Buy gift card from my mom so I can buy my camera on Friday! Well, Colleen & the kids found a stray dog on Thursday night which spent the night and was there when I got to the house on Friday morning. Luckily, Kay kept the dog so we could run out and do a few errands. Then we played at Kay's house with Nathan (3 weeks younger than the boys) which everybody enjoyed. To make a long story short, the dog is about 10-12 months old and was rescued by a woman in the neighborhood from the pound just before he was going to be put the sleep. This woman rescues lots of dogs and has about 15 right now. The dog they found got out of her house and she did not respond to the lost dog fliers in the hopes that whoever found him would keep him. Right now the dog is living with Natalie! He is a cutie and pretty well-behaved...

When we got home on Monday evening there was a box for the boys on the front porch. We opened it up and found 2 Barney sleeping bags, 2 Barney books, and a Barney VHS. The boys were so excited! They have slept with the sleeping bags since that night.

Tomorrow we will be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It has been tradition since I can remember to watch the parade and I have enjoyed watching it even more since I was in the parade while in high school. I will be making stuffing, broccoli casserole, and rice krispie treats to take to Shannon's house. We plan to eat at 3pm, but will probably go over before that.

1 comments:

Annie said...

They look adorable.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!