Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bad Day

When I woke up and saw the horrible weather I should have known the day was going to be bad. I really needed to go out and get some more packaging stuff to mail out some pictures and I wanted to get some more snack cups for the boys. So, we had breakfast, did the breathing treatments, and then bundled up and headed out in the cold rain. First, we went to Babies R Us to get the snack cups, some food for the boys and a set of bottles for when I am watching Madelyn. They were pretty good there so we walked around a bit just to look at clearance clothes and toys. Then we went to K-Mart (which is right next door to BRU) to get the packaging stuff for the pictures. The boys started to get fussy so we headed out of the store to come home. Once we got home the boys had lunch and laid down for a nap. Well, they decided today they did not need to nap which always leads to a bad evening.

This afternoon I got a call from the CVS pharmacy that my doctor had called in my prescription, but they would need to see my new insurance card when I came to pick it up. Since I am basically out of the medication I knew I needed to go this evening, but Ben texted me to say he would be late so I then realized that meant the boys would be going with me. So this evening I once again bundled the boys up and we headed to CVS which is right down the street. This is where the day went downhill very quickly! The pharmacy said it would take a few minutes to get the prescription ready so i decided to use this time to print out some pictures that I need to mail along with some for Ryder's communication book. The boys apparently had a different idea than I and did not want to be at CVS at all. They screamed the entire time we were in the store from the second we walked through the door. I gave them their snack cups to try and calm them down which worked for a minute or two until they decided to start throwing their food all over the place. I don't just mean dropping it, they were throwing it every where. So I gave up on printing pictures and went to wait at the pharmacy which is when the next bad thing happened. As we walked down the narrow aisle the boys started pulling stuff off the shelves left and right (they are known to do this once and a while), but the real problem began when they actually broke something! To be honest I can't even remember what it was because I was at the end of my rope with these guys. As I was sitting at the pharmacy still waiting the boys continued to scream and throw food so I took their snack cups which sent them into a downward spiral. It got to the point that the CVS staff asked us to leave! The pharmacy of course hurried up to get me my medication and as soon as it was ready we ran out the door. I have never been so embarrassed before in my life. These kids really had a complete meltdown like I have never seen before. Once we got home I put them in their room and went upstairs to make their dinner and try to calm down a bit. They ate their dinner great and are in pretty good moods now that we are home, of course.

I am just hoping Ben gets home very soon so he can take over the nighttime routine with Zak & Ryder because I am really at the end of my rope today....

0 comments: