Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cookies

Last night after the boys went to bed Tracy, Ben, and I finished wrapping gifts and moved them all to under the tree. The presents seem to have taken over the whole room at the moment since we have gifts for all of our families along with presents that my mom left here for people in our family. Once we were done with that Ben and I went to Kohls to look for some last minute gifts, but left empty-handed. After that we went to Giant and bought our cookie ingredients to make cookies today.


Unfortunately, overnight my stomach was not happy which meant spending a few hours in the bathroom. I am pretty sure that I am getting an ulcer so I have started to take Zantac and hope that helps. Ben got up with the boys so that I could sleep in a bit so we didn't get the cookies made this morning. Once I did get up we went to Walmart and Target to look for a few things. When we got home the boys and I laid down to take a nap. After dinner we decided it was time to make the cookies, but the boys were very cranky so we put them down for the night a little early before starting the cookie process. Tracy and I did most of the mixing and baking, but the guys also took part in the cookie making. Dave helped stir the peanut butter batter as well as the chocolate chip batter and Ben scooped and baked the peanut butter cookies. In the end Tracy and I counted up the cookies we baked tonight....

50 sugar cookies
26 peanut butter cookies

pan of oatmeal scotchies
24 chocolate chip pancakes & 14 chocolate chip cookies
(Tracy got a little batter happy and made some LARGE cookies which we have decided to call chocolate chip pancakes)



Now the big question is how long will it take 4 adults to eat them all?!?

Here are a few cute pictures from tonight also...

Ryder being sleepy on Tracy's legs
Zak "helping" make cookies


Bandit bedding for cookies
Dave eating a cooking while Bandit waits for his "cookie"

3 comments:

Vukmanics said...

I am TRYING to be good about not eating snacks and desserts, so there is too much cookie-making going on in this family!! You do know that when I pick up Madelyn on Tuesday, if there are any left, I am totally going to snatch a few :o)

April said...

There is no being good during Christmas! You can have some if there are any left, Colleen also made lots of cookies.

Princessvicky said...

Hey it's better to be BAD !!! Eat cookies, lots of cookies. So far I have made 6 different kinds with 2 more to go. Today we only made homemade raisin bread. Yum!