Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Gifts from Australia

Today when we got home from the mall and Michaels we found a box on the front porch. Ben picked it up and said it was from Australia and I knew exactly who it was from. First, I need to give a little background...I joined a website called The Pregnancy Place (TPP) when I was on bed rest while pregnant with the boys. My sister had told me the girls on there were great so I tried it out and fell in love. It is basically a place to talk about pregnancy, babies, toddlers, husbands (shh), and anything else we feel like. The girls on TPP were so helpful through my bed rest, the time the boys were in the NICU, and the month of May while Ryder was in the hospital. They were so caring that while Ryder was in the hospital many of them pulled money together and got Ben and I two Visa gift cards to use for gas and food during our traveling to and from the hospital! It is not easy to find such caring people you can call friends. Even though I have never met any of them in person and only talk to them online I feel very close to many of them. So we put together a secret Santa event with the TPP ladies and Zak & Ryder received gifts from Jasmine & Skyler (and Nessie, their mom) who live in Australia. How often can you say that your kids received gifts for Christmas from Australia!? So this evening the boys got to open the gifts they received and they had a blast doing it. They got some Little People animals and people along with a farmer building set and another building set with pieces that look like rocks. They have loved playing with them which is great because many of their presents this year will be from the Little People sets and now we know they love to play with them.


Here are some pictures...

Zak opening presents

Zak again

Ryder opening gifts

Ryder again


Zak with his new toys

Ryder with his new toys


Zak

Ryder

0 comments: