Saturday, December 13, 2008

Parade of Lights

Today was a pretty calm day without too much going on. Ben got up with the boys this morning and I slept in because I spent most of the night in the bathroom throwing up, not fun! I am not sure what was wrong, but after I took some anti-nausea medicine and slept this morning I felt better. My stomach is still not perfect, but I was able to eat today without any issues. I know there is a bug going around which is probably what Zak & Ryder have been battling, but not sure that is what was wrong with me last night. Anyways, I am feeling better now just pretty tired.

Once I did wake up I went to Walgreens to pick up the pictures I had printed out. Then I stopped off at the post office to mail out the last of our pictures and cards. I am very proud of myself to get everything mailed out in a decent amount of time this year. When I got home we played with the boys some and then fed them lunch and off to nap they went. Of course, I laid down and took a nap as well.

After the boys woke up we all got dressed, packed the diaper bag, and headed into Annapolis for the Parade of Lights. For those who are not from this area, the Parade of Lights is when a bunch of boats will decorate and then sail around the water in a parade-like fashion. It is amazing to see how some of these boats go all out. I remember going to watch this parade every year as a kid so I was looking forward to starting that tradition with Zak & Ryder. We played with Josephine and Jamison at Mum Mum's house for a bit and then had dinner. Around 6pm we bundled up and headed outside to walk down the street to watch the boats. The boys got very restless sitting in their stroller so Ben and I took them out and held them so they could see better. We watched the boats go by for a while until we realized that we were watching the same boats go by a few times. That is when we found out that there were two sets of boats and they would swap locations at 7pm so we headed back to the house around 6:40pm to get warm. It was pretty cold outside so we had the boys in their fleece jammies with their heavy winter coats on and they seemed to stay very warm unlike the rest of us! We were going to go back down to see the second set of boats, but the kids all started to play so we decided not to go back out. We headed home around 7:45pm in order to get the boys to bed around their normal 8pm bedtime. As we were driving around the block to head out we got to see some of the other boats which was nice.

I did try to take a few pictures of the boats, but they didn't come out too well since I have moving targets that were pretty far away along with the fact that I had a restless kid in my lap! But here are a few that are somewhat recognizable....


Zak had already eaten his dinner, but thought Josephine's looked better
so he decided to help himself to some of it


Not great, but mermaid and candy cane

Snowman and train

Clifford pulling a bone


Ryder showing us some paper
Jamison trying to stop Ryder from going down the step
Zak using a basket as a hat
I don't think we have any plans for tomorrow so it will probably be a lazy day for us. Colleen was making cookies while we were in Annapolis which has made me really want to make some too. Not sure we will do it tomorrow, but hopefully soon!

0 comments: