Monday, December 1, 2008

Mum Mum's Birthday

Today was my mom and Piper's last full day in MD. They are both definitely ready to go home, but all of us in MD wouldn't mind if they stayed longer. My mom had made her stay a little longer than normal so that she could be here for Mum Mum's birthday. So this morning my mom and I took the boys and Piper into Annapolis and spent the day with Mum Mum. We had lunch with her and made a mess of her house (we tried to clean it up before leaving), but I think she enjoyed having us around. Zak laid in her lap for a while drinking juice and almost fell asleep, but fought it off pretty well. The boys love going to Mum Mum's and playing with all of Jo and Jamison's toys and Piper has also found some favorite toys there now.

This afternoon we left Mum Mum's and headed to the mall to meet with Shirley (my mom's step-mother). We are very excited about she just just moved from NC to MD over the weekend! My mom was also really happy the timing worked out so she was able to visit with her before heading back to FL tomorrow. We met Shirley at the mall play area to let the boys and Piper play for a little while. Colleen, Jo, and Jamison also met us there and played for a bit. After playing we walked to the food court and had dinner. We sat and talked with Shirley for a while then headed to the car to come home. It was a long day with no nap for the boys, but we all had a good time which is what is important.

I am glad we kept pretty busy today because tonight Ben is on his first overnight trip with his new job. After today I am exhausted so hopefully I will get some sleep even though the bed will be very empty. This afternoon I found out that Ben was just told he wouldn't be home until Wednesday which means an unexpected second night of being without Ben. The boys and I will be fine of course, but it is just something that will take some time getting used to.

Now for a few pictures....







0 comments: